Friday, June 1, 2012

Datafortress 2020 is back online!

Somehow, on May 22nd 2012, Datafortress 2020 was hit for over 2.14 gig of bandwidth in one day.  I have no idea how this happened, as I have never seen anywhere near that amount of traffic in a month, much less in one day.  So the sight was temporarily suspended until Yesterday.  But we are up again and running, and all is well.

I was also receiving messages that some people were getting warning errors for malicious content when going to my site.  I have gone through and deleted anything that even looked like it might even think about causing an issue, and I am happy to say that according to my sources the problem has been solved.  Hoooray.

I would have posted about this sooner, but I just got back from a trip to Steamboat Colorado.  Steamboat itself was awesome, but the best part was the two 19-hour Cyberpunk 2020 sessions I ran for my friend on the trip there and back... talk about some old school hardcore gaming...

Anyway, things are up and running again, enjoy and sorry for the inconvenience.

Wisdom000

4 comments:

  1. Um. My bad. I referenced Datafortress to the CD Projekt Red Crew as one of the top places they should be checking out for our work on the new Cyberpunk video game. Looks like they took me seriously!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will reply to this properly, when I pick my jaw up off the floor...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok... Jaw is still on the floor, and I think I kicked it under the couch, but that's ok, I don't need it to type.

    I gotta say Mike... that is the most awesome silver lining to the cloud of the site going down I have ever had! I don't have words to express how awesome it feels that YOU sent those guys to my site, and that something from my site might influence the video game. I watched that video and stared long and hard at their careers page, but I can't program, and video game companies never seem to be hiring writers, heh.

    I never thought I would say this to anyone, but thank you for crashing my site with a bandwidth overload.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The page is on-line but the links to the files and forum is broken.

    I browse from Hungary using Firefox 14.0.1

    ReplyDelete